Most people depend on their skincare regimen to get a glowing and radiant skin. However, if a person does not eat right, the effectiveness of the skincare will fall short. Because a beautiful and healthy skin will start from the nourishment from within. Skin cells are constantly shedding and replaced by new ones. Having a good supply of micro-nutrients will support the cells’ rapid growth and improve skin firmness.
Several factors can cause changes to the skin’s flexibility and texture from aging, environment, genetics and lifestyle. By having a balanced and proper diet, it will help delay and reverse the process of aging. Start fixing your diet by checking on the following:
- Alcohol – consuming too much alcohol can be damaging to the skin cells, it will totally dehydrate the whole body
- Crash Diets – doing crash diets repeatedly to lose and regain weight can take a toll on the skin with sagging, stretch marks and wrinkles
- Processed Food – comes with artificial flavors, salts, and saturated fats that are bad for the health and can cause for breakouts.
- Salt – eating too much salt can make the face look puffy and unhealthy, aggravate acne and cause tissues to swell
- Sugar – having high content of sugar in your diet will spike up your insulin levels, which can only aggravate acne, rashes and wrinkles
Start adding the following food into your diet and recipes to see a significant improvement of your skin:
- Avocado – packed with vitamin E that boosts the luminosity and vitality of the skin, and vitamin C that reduces skin inflammation
- Brown Rice – a good source of carbohydrates that contain B vitamins, magnesium and selenium to regulate blood sugar level that is linked to the skin health
- Dark Berries – good source of antioxidants and fiber
- Garlic – comes with a natural occurring chemical named allicin, it is capable of killing harmful viruses and bacteria that causes skin infections such as acne
- Kale – contains a great range of vitamins from A, B, C, E to K, and other important minerals from calcium, iron, magnesium to potassium, a great combination for a clearer and glowing skin
- Legumes – packed with protein and energy which can contribute in the healing process of the skin, and high in dietary fiber that promotes detoxification
- Nuts – it comes with selenium, an important mineral that increases the infection-fighting white blood cells, and vitamin E that strengthens the skin’s function and health
- Peppermint – packed with calming and healing properties that also aids digestion, clear sinuses and helps relieve stress – another known acne aggravator
- Tofu – a killer combination of antioxidants, calcium, copper, healing vegetable protein, healthy unsaturated fats, iron and manganese that are all good for the skin
- Tomatoes – rich in lycopene that helps stimulate skin circulation, and vitamin C that aids collagen production to maintain a firm and taut skin
Combine the right diet with good skin care regime, plenty of fresh air and regular exercise, and be surprised with a transformed, glowing radiant skin!